We continue to urge parents to keep leave of absence to a minimum and remind them that no leave of absence will be granted, except in exceptional circumstances as directed by the Government in June 2013. Please inform school via telephone by 9.10am every day, of the reason of all absences.
Unauthorised absences include: -
- any absence for which school has not received an adequate explanation;
- late arrival, without good reason
Authorised absence may include: -
- illness, including medical and dental appointments;
- exceptional special family occasions
- family bereavement or crisis
- holidays in exceptional circumstances
Most parents are very conscientious in informing school of absence due to illness; when we do not receive notification we try, whenever possible, to phone home and ascertain the reason of absence, as outlined in the Home School Agreement. Unfortunately, we cannot always make contact. Please inform school immediately of any change of address or telephone number.